Vivendi To License Vodafone Live! Platform?
By Carlo Longino, Thu Sep 25 17:30:00 GMT 2003

We broke the story several months ago via Scream Event during CeBIT that Vodafone had plans to license Live! to other carriers. Looks like they might be close to their first deal.


In a sign their long-running battle might be drawing to a close, Vivendi's French mobile-phone unit, SFR, will license the Live! platform in October. The agreement between Vivendi and Vodafone would conceivably bring to an end the two companies' tussle over SFR (the debt-ridden French conglomerate owns 56%, while Vodafone owns the other 44%), and its parent Cegetel.